This is Nathan - the most chill person you could ever meet. He's on a mission to promote positivity through Social Dance - a diverse community of positive social dancers whose aim is to teach people how to conquer their social fears and connect with the people with more confidence, freedom and fun.
During our portrait session, we joked about how he was once called "oddly positive.” But don’t mistake him for the “always happy” type. We can agree that happiness is something you have to choose. We must accept where we are at the moment and make the most out of every day. We’ve all got work to do.
Nathan shares his perspective as he moves forward in 2017. I think it is something we should all adapt.
I promise to myself:
- To be strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind
- To speak health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet
- To make all my friends feel that there is something in them
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature I meet a smile
- To give so much time to the improvement of myself that I have no time to criticize others
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, to strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble
- Nathan J Burrows
Junkanoo Air was founded to solve the problem of transporting goods in a reliable, timely and affordable way in The Bahamas. President, Captain Christopher King, native of Mangrove Cay, Andros has been a professional Airline Transport Pilot(ATP) for 12+ years. Since officially starting the business in 2016, the company has grown from 2-3 flights a week into South Florida, to a minimum of 1 flight a day. Due to the massive demand for air cargo services they've developed specialized solutions for specific industries. I'm proud to say that Junkanoo Air is 100% Bahamian owned!
Learn more about them via JunkanooAir.com
I had a great time capturing these images with help of the Azulify team.
Check out some of the shots below:
Meet Myah - the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) whose passion for makeup led her to pursue it professionally as a freelance MUA. With Myah's vibrant style and personality, I knew we would capture something great.
Check out the images below:
Be sure to visit makeupbymyah.com
Here's more from my shoot with Nathan.
I rarely meet people who get it or are willing to try anything new without giving me weird looks (haha). After chatting a bit about the direction of the shoot, we decided to focus in on natural fibres, textures and warm tones.
(AND DON'T FORGET THE LEAVES! LEAVES ARE MAGICAL!)
Kamilah is such a joy to work with - humble and brilliant with just the right amount of wit. Running on good vibes and energy, we were able to capture these moments.
Art Direction: Myself + Kamilah
Styling: Kamilah's Wardrobe + Myself