This is Nathan - the most chill person you could ever meet. He's on a mission to promote positivity through Social Dance - a diverse community of positive social dancers whose aim is to teach people how to conquer their social fears and connect with the people with more confidence, freedom and fun.
During our portrait session, we joked about how he was once called "oddly positive.” But don’t mistake him for the “always happy” type. We can agree that happiness is something you have to choose. We must accept where we are at the moment and make the most out of every day. We’ve all got work to do.
Nathan shares his perspective as he moves forward in 2017. I think it is something we should all adapt.
I promise to myself:
- To be strong that nothing can disturb my peace of mind
- To speak health, happiness and prosperity to every person I meet
- To make all my friends feel that there is something in them
- To look at the sunny side of everything and make my optimism come true
- To think only of the best, to work only for the best, and to expect only the best
- To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as I am about my own
- To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future
- To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and give every living creature I meet a smile
- To give so much time to the improvement of myself that I have no time to criticize others
- To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, to strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble
- Nathan J Burrows